Amidst a shifting paradigm of everyday work culture in Northern Nevada, Q&D Construction – a locally-owned and operated construction company – is embracing their own operational “new normal” within their worksites, project offices and in their main office.
For Q&D, a “new normal” means dealing with tightened budgets and smaller projects, as well as its working families going through new obstacles in terms of childcare and schooling. As the company supports a “family first” and revived budget-conscious approach to its work, new protocols to ensure safety for all workers in the field are also of heightened importance, as well as continuing training and diversification efforts among sales, projects and staff.
“During these challenging times, Q&D Construction continues to focus on adapting and problem-solving,” said Q&D President Lance Semenko. “We are committed to securing new opportunities while maintaining their core values – service, integrity and quality.”
The positive company culture, along with developing valuable expertise with high-demand projects for their portfolio during these unprecedented times, is how Q&D remains ahead of the curve and therefore strives to create a bright future. Successes achieved during their “new normal” of operations include the following:
- Q&D recently received several contracts and will be starting construction soon on a new manufacturing space, new spec warehouse and design-build expansion of a local factory.
- For the month of April, Q&D donated to the Renown Health Foundation to help aid in the fight against COVID-19.
- The heavy/civil team was recently awarded two new projects with the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) and another new project with the Silver Springs Airport.
- The aviation team is collaborating with the Nevada transportation industry to establish standards to build social safety infrastructure in order to prepare to restart travel.
- The I-80 Keystone to State Line NDOT #3711 project team won the 2020 International Partnering Institute (IPI) Partnered Project of the Year Award.
For more information on Q&D’s company culture, visit qdconstruction.com/missionandvalues/.
About Q&D Construction
Q&D Construction is an experienced general contractor and construction management firm. With over 100 collective years in the industry among its leadership team, the firm brings a diverse collection of skills and experience to the Reno community. Service, integrity and quality are Q&D’s top values, and the firm has incorporated those values into its work since its founding by Norm Dianda in 1964. To learn more about Q&D, visit qdconstruction.com/.
Photo courtesy of Q&D Construction.